Bridgestone features $25K just for Teens who seem to ‘Drive Smart’
Amateur videographers or individuals with a resourceful side along with access to a camera are invited to the 7th annual Bridgestone Teens Travel Smart Movie Contest. The main grand prizewinner will take family home a cool $25, 000 scholarship or grant and have their own video presented on air across the country to be a public support announcement regarding Bridgestone Americas.
The point of your contest will be driver protection, and the standards aren’t as well tough. Simply put together a 25- AS WELL AS 55-second video tutorial on various aspect of car or truck or operating safety. For example
- Saddle belt practice,
- Tire inflation,
- Avoiding temptations while gaining (like hand held phones and texting), or
- Driving a car defensively
Local car owners can take a few cues within the Fairfax Nation Police ‘Youthful Driver Program’ or the sources provided about the Montgomery State Teen Traveling Safetywebsite. Wedding event check out survive year’s hitting videos to get ideas or even recent Inside Dateline segment regarding teen consuming and gaining (you and unfortunately your parents should probably look at this anyway).
Once you’ve strike it hard on a area, think about the most effective way to present it— say being a story right from experience or maybe a music online video media or a demo. Then shoot— a video needless to say!
You’ll need to develop a very simple registration form and next upload your individual video towards Bridgestone web site just by no after than July 20, 2013. Judges will certainly narrow down the particular entries, and then the top 10 movies will be uploaded for client voting out of July 13 to 28.
All of the 10 of the best filmmakers will at least be successful a set of new tires, using $25, 000 going to the Outstanding Prize winner. Second together with third place winners are getting $15, 000 and $9,95, 000 correspondingly. This is severe money along with drastically greater from earlier years.
The contest is designed to legal long-lasting residents on the 50 declares and the Place of Columbia or The us, age range 16 via 21 . Entrants must own a valid driver’s license and be enrolled as part-time students within an accredited secondary, college amount, or industry school.
Weight loss crib somebody else’s work, , nor bother to include anything unacceptable. And fork out VERY close care about the time descriptions because videos that don’t conform will likely be automatically disqualified.
News from the 2013 Higher education Reception Rounds
Many colleges plus universities strike it hard the road earnings season to begin a good recruitment practice that actually gets mixed in with full swing in the crash.
Short of truly visiting a new campus, most of these presentations supply opportunities for you to get basic information regarding a school as well as make yourself to be able to area officials.
Although these sessions are generally open to individuals, it’s generally a good idea to pre-register if the prospect is offered. Otherwise, how are the guys and gals running the event going to recognize how many foldable chairs to set up?
The following are several of the more popular spg events:
- Exploring College Options: This is a special hiring program financed by the undergraduate admissions practices of Fight it out, Georgetown, Harvard, the School of Pd, and Stanford. The vacation has a couple of stops in the DC spot, with the first of all scheduled for Monday, May possibly 20th, along at the Bethesda West Marriott Hotel room & Consultation Center, for 7: thirty days p. e. Two extra sessions will be held regarding May21st within the Tysons Cupboard Marriott, and also Wednesday, May 22 nd at the Hyatt Regency Houston on Polish capitol Hill.
- Educational institutions That Really make a difference: This year, CTCL will visit Washington DC area with Sunday, May 19, in the Marriott Bethesda North Motel and National gathering Center, at 1: 00 pm. Each individual program will begin with a 30-minute information time followed promptly by the higher education fair.
- The exact Claremont Educational institutions: The Claremont Colleges (Harvey Mudd, Claremont McKenna, Pitzer, Pomona as well as Scripps Colleges) will store a local information session a prior weekend not too long ago, May 19, from a pair of to 4 p. mirielle., at the Pooks Hill Bethesda Marriott.
- Exploring Educational Fineness: Join Brown lightly, Chicago, Columbia, Cornell, plus Rice for an information appointment targeted 123 help my essay to probable students plus families. Instruction include a summary of each establishment, information on entrée and school loans, as well as a chance to speak privately, in private with accès representatives.
- almost eight of the Best Universities: Claremont McKenna, Colorado College or university, Connecticut Institution, Grinnell, Haverford, Kenyon, Macalester, and Sarah Lawrence invite students as well as families for more information on these eight nationally identified liberal activité colleges. Six to eight programs keep for the year.
- Coast to be able to Coast Expedition: Dartmouth, Northwestern, Princeton, UC Berkeley, along with Vanderbilt go to nine cities in six states. The exact evening requires a brief information and facts session with regards to each institution and a chance to interact with tickets representatives in a very college good format. The tour relates to the DC area on, may 23 rd .
- Boston University: This informational program is designed to provide prospective students with a ‘Eagle Summary. ‘
- Carnegie Mellon University: Admissions therapists will present guideline information time to university students who might be in the early stages within their college seek. You can sign-up now for your event booked for Sunday, June 3, at the Bethesda Marriott Motel.
- Northwestern University or college: In addition to the Sea-coast to Region Tour (see above), even more sessions usually are open to young people and their households in rest of the region. Northwestern extends with Dartmouth, Princeton, Vanderbilt and UV A to El monte, ca in June 2013.
- Typically the University of North Carolina within Greensboro: Not one but two “First Look” sessions will be held in the particular DC section. The first will take place on Can 29, throughout Rockville, as well as second is scheduled regarding May 21 years old, at the Tysons Corner Marriott. Online sign up will require that you open some SpartanLinkaccount.